Thursday, February 21, 2019

Architecture Preview

Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE

1. Tom Wright built this structure.
2. This building was builtin 1994.
3. It is located at Jumeirah St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates. 
4. It is a high quality hotel. You can visit it, but you have to pay to stay.
5. This hotel cost $650 million to build. 
6. This building was created so people could have a place to stay that's on the water, and experience the luxury. 
7. I picked this building, because the shape of it looks like half of an orange. I like oranges, and I'm hungry right now. I also think it looks like a dorsal fin of a huge shark. Which I think is super interesting. I would like to stay here too.


Eden project, United Kingdom

1. Nicholas Grimshaw was the genius behind the Eden project.
2. This building was built in 1998. 
3. It is located in Bodelva, Par PL24 2SG, UK
4. It is a park that cost money to visit, but it is somewhat affordable. 
5. These structures cost £141m to create. 
6. This is a Park that is dedicated to keeping certain plants from all kinds of different places, and keeps two different biomes sustained in the bubble things. 
7. I picked these structures, because they look like bubbles. I didn't put a picture of the inside, but it looks really cool inside. I would also like to point out that their cause is really good, and makes me want to take a visit.

Atomium, Belgium

1. Jean and André Polak both worked on this piece. 
2. This was built in 1957.
3. It is located at Square de l'Atomium, 1020 Bruxelles, Belgium.
4. You have to buy tickets to go and see it. 
5. It cost €26 million to build this structure. 
6. It's purpose was to honor the metals industry as well as celebrate the atomic age. 
7. I choose this building, because it lights up and it looks really cool in the night time. I also think it looks like a atom. Or, it looks like what I think am atom looks like. I like science, and I appreciate the work of art dedicated to this age in science.  


Kansas City Public Library, United States

1. Carrie Westlake Whitney built the Library. 
2. It was built in 1873.
3. It is located at 3050 Prospect Ave, Kansas City, MO 64128
4. You can go in whenever they are open, and you only have to pay if your book is overdue.
5.The Kansas City Public Library cost $200,000 to build.
6. The purpose of the library was to provide books and access to knowledge to people. 
7. This building really captured my attention because it looks like the building is made of books. Huge building made of huge books, and that just seems really cool. I don't even really like reading, but just the way they made the buildings look is nice enough for me. 

Turning Torso, Sweden

1. Santiago Calatrava was the architect 
2. The building was built February 14, 2001
3. Located in Malmo Sweden
4. You can visit the turning torso
5. It cost $220 million to build
6. The city was undergoing a whole new renovation
7. I think this building is so interesting, because it almost looks like someone took a perfectly average looking skyscraper. Then they just twisted it. It gives me a vibe like the jack and the beanstalk story. Maybe, you could climb the building and meet a giant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment